Thursday, August 22, 2013

POETRY: Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Tangerine Trees and Marmalade Skies Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

The marks we human leave
are too often scars,
like the creases on the sheets
where our skins spoke.

Making babies to memories
we never believed we could fly!
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies
whoever believed in goodbyes?

You staring at me, how can I forget the sight
the moment I thought, you'd say the words
I had longed to hear, you grunted, "I need a cigarette."
And never came back that night.

Sickly deranged, I do find that one blissful moment
when I wake up, first thing in the morning
I feel nothing, a sense of calm; it is
relieving to become a blank slate, innocent like a child-
All at once.

"I look so fat", "I am so vain"
learning lessons of self-worth by every strike.
Whoever said you only love once,
never tasted his own tears of pride.

Why can we not hold each other, without defining
who we are, how we belong; why do
us holding hands, make no sense when we say we're friends still?

It all makes me wonder if the sun is ever sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to have your comments!